Welcome =)

This page is specifically designed to serve as an utterly easy way to communicate with others and share their opinions on different problems they might have and need some healthy advice for. Please write clearly and make sure your honest for whatever your responding to, these people are counting on you for the right advice. Here, you can express what you feel while giving other people a hand. Thank you for visiting this blog, I hope you visit Advice Sharehouse often. We advice it ALL!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Alcoholism Among Teens

Binge drinking has its upscale during the four-year college period, when many adolescents become adults "ready" to take on the great yet obsolete responsibility of drinking. Many ideas have been presented on lowering the law of not being eligible to drink until the age of 21 to the age of 18. In my opinion the maturity level of that of an 18-year-old is not much different of a 21-year-old in deciding what is their alcohol limit.A dear friend of mine and I talked about our winter break and how it went, when he began rageing about how his stomach pains were becoming unbearable. I was then worried and asked if he had the flu or ate something that was bad to his stomach, but I was in shock of the response...he had drunk uncontrollably the last few weeks and that caused him to feel sick, weak and suffer greatly in his abdominal area.These are symptoms of a person with cirosis at the age of 50 would have, and yet that's what my friend of 17 years of age is feeling. Its sad to think that these are things hapenging to our age group, this shouldn't be a time for teenagers to be expiriencing those aches or drunk moods. I whole-heartedly suggest anyone who drinks to drink moderatly for the well-being of your body and those who aren't bibulous, try to drink as little as possible because such feelings of binge drinking or hangovers are all but pleasant.

1 comment:

Colin said...

I agree, that the maturity level of an 18 year old isn't much different from a 21 year old. I see many 21 year olds go out just to get messed up. However, they don't realize the damage they are doing to their liver and kidneys. I agree if you are going to drink don't drink to get messed up, but drink moderately to where you won't end up hurting yourself in the long run.